Local organizations are working together to provide vital supplies and services during the COVID-19 Pandemic. Below we have compiled a list of quality, free and low-cost services and supplies that are currently available in Allen County, Indiana.
Below view links to resources for:
- Prenatal & Infant Care
- Low-Cost Clinics & Medication
- Food & Nutrition
- Immigrant & Refugee Services
- Housing & Shelter
Prenatal & Infant Care
During uncertain times like this, some parents may be tempted to stretch their baby’s formula by watering it down or waiting longer between feedings. This is not safe for your baby. Please reach out to one of these organizations if you need help getting more formula.
A Hope Center (map)
- Call 260-422-3544; text 224-585-3544; or visit ahopecenter.org
Parkview Women’s and Children’s Outreach
- Call 260-373-9651
Women’s Care Center (map)
- Call 260-203-5476 or 260-483-8918; or visit womenscarecenter.org
Healthier Moms and Babies (map)
- Call 260-469-4076; or visit healthiermomsandbabies.org
Baby supplies may be difficult to find or afford in stores right now. It is important to continue regular hygiene and diaper-changing routines during this time. If your supplies are running low, you can ask these organizations for help.
Social distancing is necessary for community health, but it can be very lonely, especially if you are pregnant or think you might be. If you need advice or want to talk about concerns – safe, secure, confidential help is available.
If you are pregnant but scared to go to the doctor’s office because of COVID-19, there are still services available for you. Call one of the following locations or visit their website for more information and to check for current hours of operation.
Low-Cost Clinics & Medication
Food & Nutrition
- Call 260-422-3528; or visit AssociatedChurches.org
Community Harvest Food Bank
- Call 260-447-3696; or visit CommunityHarvest.org
Lutheran Social Services
Miss Virginia’s Food Pantry
- Call 260-426-0176
United Way 2-1-1
- Call 2-1-1 or 866-211-9966; or visit in211.communityos.org
- Call 260-422-6618; or visit facebook.com/WellspringInterfaith
- Call 260-422-6488; or visit fwymca.org
Immigrant & Refugee Services
- Amani Family Services is holding informational conference phone calls for immigrant and refugee communities. This is a time when Amani will provide important updates concerning our current crisis, as well as community resources. These calls will be presented in Spanish and Burmese. Mondays, Spanish language, at 10:00 a.m. and at 5:00 p.m.Wednesdays, Burmese language, at 9:30am and 5:00 p.m. The phone number is 1 (312) 584-2401, and when prompted enter extension number 1059645#. Do you know anyone else in need of support at this time? Amani serves all languages and be can be reached at (260) 484-1414 or www.amanifamilyservices.org/referral.