Thank you for your interest in the Covid-19 Vaccination Assistance Grant. We are rapidly increasing the number of people getting vaccinated, but the progress is uneven. Even with the limited racial and ethnic data available, it is clear that many Black, Latino, non-English speaking, and other underserved people have been less likely to get vaccinated than white people. The St. Joe Foundation is pleased to partner with the Foellinger Foundation to support local efforts to ensure everyone feels safe and has access to the Covid-19 vaccines in the coming weeks.
Grants up to $5,000 will be considered. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, so the sooner you apply, the better.
Funding should help organizations or churches assist their vulnerable clients/members who need assistance to get vaccinated against COVID-19 safely. Preference will be given to organizations with a trusted relationship and history of supporting their members and neighbors.
Programming should fall into one of the following categories:
- Information regarding the safety and effectiveness of the COVID-19 vaccinations.
- Opportunities to ask questions of medical personnel.
- Information about how to register for a vaccine.
- Information about where, when, and how one might get a vaccination.
- Assistance or Services that assist vulnerable individuals in becoming vaccinated.
- Translation and interpretation.
- Transportation to and from vaccination sites.
- Assistance with scheduling an appointment.
- Personally accompanying vulnerable individuals to vaccination appointments.
- Describe a vulnerable population with trouble being vaccinated, your organization’s experience with them, and how your organization would like to help.
Please complete the following form to be considered for a COVID-19 Vaccination Assistance Grant. If you have questions or need assistance, please email Joe@SJCHF.org.